Best Survival Knives 2021: You might not know this, but the blade length is another factor that should significantly impact on your choice of a survival knife.
Kind of blade material and thickness of the blade:
The kind of material used in forging blades plays a massive impact on the quality of knives produced. The top knife-producing companies out there spare no expense in using the best materials to craft their products.
Best Survival Knives 2021
#01 – Glock Perfection OEM Fixed Straight Blade Field Knife
#02 – Premium Utility Knife, Folding Pocket Knife Combo
- ✅ SAFELY CARRY ANYWHERE - Handle the task quickly & conveniently with Holtzman's Utility Knife Cutter MultiPurpose tool with dual blade design! Folding design allows for safe & compact pocket storage. The enclosed optional clip attachment also allows the multipurpose knife to stay put in your pocket or wherever you choose to secure it. Ideal for DIY & commercial use.
- ✅ MULTI-FUNCTION TOOL - Experience 2-in-1 functionality in the palm of your hand! This knife includes a knife on one end of the handle, and the opposing side features a pop out utility knife. The box also includes a clip and screws to allow the option for the knife to be clipped onto the carrier.
- ✅ HEAVY DUTY & LIGHTWEIGHT - Featuring a black wood handle with a serrated-edged knife coupled with a utility knife. Holds up under daily use for camping, retail, stocking, box cutting, DIY projects & crafts.
- ✅ MAKES THE PERFECT GIFT – Our premium quality utility knife in out luxurious gift box makes the perfect gift for him or yourself!
- ✅ LIFETIME WARRANTY - We can't wait to add you to our long list of customers loving the easy access of their folding utility knife. Buy risk-free - you're covered by our Lifetime Money Back Guarantee!
#03 – Schrade SCHF9 12.1in High Carbon Steel Fixed Blade Knife
#04 – Condor Tool & Knife Condor Tool and Knife CTK232-4.3HC Bushslore Survival Knife
- Crafted from the highest quality materials
- Built for performance and durability
- Made in El Salvador
- Handle: Hardwood
- Blade Material: 1075 HIGH CARBON STEEL
#05 – Glock OEM Field Knife 6.5″ Fixed Blade
- Spring steel HRC 55, phosphate treated blade
- Polymer grip
- Total Length is 290 mm / 11.4 in
#06 – COSMOS 2 Pcs Outdoor Foldable Pocket Emergency Card Wallet Knife Survival Tool
- Pack of 2 card shape pocket knives
- Easy to carry and use. Can be easily put in a wallet or pocket
- Great for outdoor activity, e.g. camping, fishing, hiking, traveling, etc
- Stainless steel blade. Each comes with a protective sleeve for wallet or purse
- Card size: 3.5" x 2.25", unfold length: 5.5"
#07 – Gerber LMF II Infantry Knife, Coyote Brown [22-01463]
#08 – Ontario Air Force Survival.
#09 – Morakniv Bushcraft Knife, Black
- Fixed-blade knife with a razor sharp 1/8 inch (3.2 mm) thick carbon steel blade with tungsten DLC anti-corrosive black coating
- Blade length: 4.3 inches (109 mm); Blade thickness: 0.125 inch (3.2 mm); Total length: 9.1 inches (232 mm); Weight w/sheath: 5.7 oz. (162 g)
- Spine of the blade is ground especially for use with a fire starter (not included)
- Ergonomic handle with high-friction rubber grip gives the feeling of control, making work easier, as if the knife were an extension of your hand
- Black plastic sheath with belt loop keeps knife securely at your side; 1-year manufacturer's warranty
#10 – KA-BAR, Single Mark
- Blade Length: 7. 0"
- Blade Thickness: . 165"
- Overall Length: 11. 875"
Typically, blades are made of two different kinds of materials: high carbon steel and stainless steel blades. Although, these days, a whole lot of other materials have been adapted for use in making knife blades.
High carbon steel blades typically have a higher percentage of carbon content in their composition, compared to other steel blades. What this translates into is a knife that is harder and stronger compared to its low carbon components.
However, as tough as these knives are, they are quite susceptible to chipping, and they do not have excellent resistance to rust.
High carbon blades can maintain a sharp edge for reasonably long periods, an attribute that will prove helpful in the open.
With thicker blades, you can easily hunt down and kill animals, skin animals, chop wood and even dig holes as the situation may require. Also, survival knives with thick blades are wear-resistant and more durable.
In the same vein, massive blades will significantly add to the load you have to carry, and this might not be ideal if, for one reason or the other, you have to dash it.
Stainless steel blades, on the other hand, contain chromium along with the regular carbon content in their makeup. Chromium can resist tarnishing and subsequently translates this property into a high corrosion resistance for the stainless steel blades. Therefore, knives made from stainless steel are pretty much capable of holding their own against rust, making them long-lasting and quite robust. They are, however, prone to deformation and are more challenging to sharpen compared to high carbon blades.
Best uses of a survival knife: For hunting animals
Knife in the forest Survival knives are typically made of tough metal blades. They could be a potent weapon in the hands of an experienced hunter.
A word of advice do not chew more than you can bite by going after large animals, as things can quickly go south, and you could end up critically injured. Take on smaller sized animals that you can easily handle, such as rabbits, deer, and the likes. After killing the game, your
The knife will also be useful in skinning it and preparing it for cooking. From hunting spears, bows and arrows, to fishing rods, the list of equipment you can make with the aid of a survival knife is endless.
Before picking a knife that will accompany you on your various camping trips, and outdoor adventures, there are factors you should consider. This is to ensure the knife doesn’t let you down at critical moments. Some of the features that should influence your choice of a survival knife includes above.
Stay Connected With: https://bestknivesguide.com/
Related Tags: Best Survival Knives 2021