Best Japanese Knives 2021:
Japanese cuisine is very different than any other cuisine around the world.
If you are someone who is looking for a good Japanese knife and want to know the details about it then we have all the information that you need to know.
Below we have listed some of the most spectacular and top on the market, Japanese knives, that will surely live up to your expectations and help you prepare Japanese meals like a professional.
Best Japanese Knives 2021
#01 – TUO Chef’s Knives -Japanese AUS10 Steel
- PROFESSIONAL 9.5 INCH CHEF'S KNIVES: We've always insisted our faith - manufacturing a better knife, seeking for a better life! This Japanese Damascus chefs knife is born for pro chefs and cooks. Suitable for cutting meat, vegetable, fish, fruit , almost every thing. It will definitely impress you and people who see it by its brilliant looking. It is just far more than a knife but a life style. This chef knife is a chefs' collection you'll ever need!
- FORGED JAPANESE AUS10 DAMASCUS STEEL：Each TUO Damascus Chef knife is made of high quality forged Japanese AUS-10 Damascus high carbon stainless steel with 67 layers in total. The hardness of the blade could be up to 62HRC after our advanced vacuum heated treatment and cooling treatment. Chef knife blade is extremely corrosion and rust resistance, long-lasting edge, excellent toughness and ultra sharp.
- DISHWASHER SAFE G10 HANDLE: Both Black and Red Part are made of G10. G10 is kind of high density glass fiber which can withstand super high pressure without deformation, crack. It's characters including insulation, anti-corrosion, wear-resisting, anti-acid and alkalis, heat-resistance, cold-resistance. Those advantages make this Damascus Chef Knife to be dishwasher safe.
- HIGH CUTTING PERFORMANCE: Ultra sharp by traditional hand sharpened with three-step Honbazuke method (Honbazuke honing originates from traditional Japanese knife production. Every blade is sharpened and polished by hand in three stages in a complex process, 12-15°(best sharp angle）Per Side Sharp Blade for maximum sharpness and edge Retention that make sure precision cutting each time. Even a freshman can cut like a chefs master
- TRUSTED GUARANTEE: Each chefs knife of TUO Cutlery has been strictly quality checked. This series of chef's knives are highly loved and recommended by thousands of professional chefs and home users. So we offer 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, life time warranty for any defects from manufacturing. If you got any questions can not figure out, please feel free to contact us, we will try our best to help you settle every detail down. TUO Customer Service Team is always there for you.
#02 – Shun Classic 8” Chef’s Knife; Cutlery Handcrafted in Japan
- VG-MAX steel is a formula exclusive to Shun with extra tungsten for a sharper edge, more chromium for corrosion resistance and additional cobalt and carbon for strength and durability
- Handle is ebony PakkaWood; PakkaWood is a hardwood infused with resin for a durable, water resistant finish, perfect for easy cleaning and tough enough for constant use
- For proper slicing, push the knife forward and down while cutting through food and then pull it up and back, repeating the process in a “locomotive” motion; this prevents chipping for smooth cuts
- “Shun” the Japanese word indicates a food’s peak ripeness; Shun draws on its Japanese roots and traditional blade-making practices to produce knives that perform excellently
- The 8-inch Chef’s Knife is a staple kitchen utensil and a great gift for newlyweds, homeowners, parents, grandparents, cooks, aspiring chefs, hostesses or to keep as a personal kitchen tool
#03 – Professional Damascus Chefs Knife Japanese VG10 Super Steel Core
- High quality 67-layer Damascus steel for precision, beauty, and strength.
- Handmade, HRC 62 Rockwell hardness, 100% Quality Control.
- 12 Degrees super razor sharp edge, the sharpness can keep more than 6 months.
- Ergonomically designed rounded PAKKA WOOD Handle to prevent slip and create comfortable holding.
- The knife come with a black gift box, very suitable as a gift to mom, wife or friends.
#04 – Mercer Culinary M22907 Millennia 7-Inch Nakiri Knife
- Ergonomic handle – a combination of Santoprene for comfort and polypropylene for durability
- Textured finger points provide slip resistance, grip, and safety. Protective finger guard.
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- The highest quality Japanese steel allows for easy blade maintenance and rapid sharpening for a razor-sharp edge
- One-piece high-carbon, stain-resistant Japanese steel
#05 – Vegetable Knife – Japanese Chef Knife 7 Inch
- 【Razor Sharp Vegetable Knife 】Enjoy razor-sharp Japanese kitchen knife and forget struggling using dull cutlery. Straight edge of Japanese chef knife cuts through delicate food, creating paper-thin slices
- 【 Japanese Knife with Precise Clean Cut】 If you’re a pro chef or simply a home cook, having a reliable kitchen companion is crucial. The companion is here, our vegetable cleaver. Unique blade shape makes this Japanese chef knife great cutlery for produce. Usuba knife is a single bevel for RIGHT-HAND USE
- 【Get Perfectly Balanced Japanese Cleaver 】This vegetable chopper knife is lightweight with a solid balance. Vegetable cutting knife is convenient to hold and maneuver. Handle is fashioned for moisture protection
- 【Amazing Customer Service】Have question about Japanese kitchen veg knife, we're click away to support. Satisfaction guarantee
- 【Stylish Premium Gift】Impress your loved by veggie knife for vegetable cutting. Buy now Asian knife fitting for every occasion. Comes in stylish box
#06 – DALSTRONG Phantom Series – Japanese High-Carbon – AUS8 Steel – Sheath (6″ Nakiri)
- Powerhouse Nakiri: Masterfully elegant, perfectly balanced, razor sharp and with exceptional performance, the Phantom Series Nakiri knife is a statement in refinement, beauty, purity and power.
- Peak Performance: Mercilessly sharp, the Phantom Series edge is painstakingly honed by experts craftsman to 13-15° and nitrogen cooled for enhanced hardness, flexibility and corrosion resistance. Carefully tapered for minimal drag, the agile blade ensures swift, precise cuts with effortless ease. Hollow ground for even less resistance.
- The Dalstrong Touch: Full tang and precision forged from a single piece of ice tempered, high-carbon, Japanese AUS-8 steel at 58+ Rockwell hardness, the Phantom Series boasts exceptional sharpness, edge retention, strength and durability. Beautifully engraved, the blade further features a hand polished spine and ergonomic bolster shape for a natural and smooth ‘pinch grip’.
- Design Perfection: A velvety rich black Spanish pakkawood handle is hand polished and laminated to ensure a heaven like grip with exceptional durability. The traditional Japanese D-shaped handle is expertly engineered to tuck perfectly into the palm of your hand for ultimate control, cut after cut, while the narrow blade design allows for maneuverability and nimble movement like never before. A distinct mosaic pin of brass and copper adds refinement and subtle luxury.
- Dalstrong Trust: Rocksolid 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service and packaging. See why chef's around the world trust and love, 'The Dalstrong Difference'. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!
#07 – FineTool 8 inch Kitchen Knife, Japanese 7CR17 440C
- The kitchen knives we sell on Amazon is a German style knife,The belly of the blade has a pronounced curve that tapers to a sharp tip, which is best if you prefer to cut using a rocking motion.Then this kitchen knife is your best choice.
- This cooking knife stainless steel knife is made of Japanese 7Cr17 stainless steel,which is a high-chromium stainless steel alloy commonly used in tableware. This steel is food grade steel;This Knife is Pakkawood handles provide good grip,The lip below the butt of the Design of curved handle, which gives the knife a better grip and prevents slipping,The metal pins Rivets (of 3) that hold the scales to the tang.
- This German knife style have a bolster-a thick metal cuff-between the blade and handle.A good distinguish is made between the cutting area and the handle area,which increases the safety of cutting food with a knife. knives have full bolsters that extend all the way to the blade edge. that can help balance knives with a heavy blade,where you want more weight in the handle.The appearance of the blade has been carefully designed; the blade is processed with a laser Damascus pattern.
- The size of 8 inch chef's knife:12.9 x1.7 x 0.07 inches (LxWxH) packed size:15.3 x 3.5 x 1.5 inches; knife weighs 0.48 pounds,Box weight 0.58 pounds. This chef knife Fits sliced, diced, julienned, peeled, and Cut meat, Cut vegetables etc.If you are hosting a buffet wedding or dinner on a special occasion, using this premium chef knife will meet all your requirements.On the other hand.
- Finetool kitchen continues to pursue new possibilities for kitchen knives in the new era,and to work on maintaining and improving manufacturing technologies to produce the highest quality products.Made in Yangjiang City, China with Provide 365 days maintain.
#08 – Kessaku Chef Knife – Samurai Series – Japanese Etched High Carbon Steel, 8-Inch
- ✅ SAMURAI SERIES - Kessaku Professional knives are well suited to tackle all your culinary needs. Our Knives are hand crafted by our highly trained technicians utilizing cutting edge technology and the finest materials. Designed in Japan, our Kessaku knives will be a staple in your kitchen and will become your ‘Go To’ knife. Experience the difference owning a true Chef’s knife can make. You have joined countless Chefs and true Cooking Enthusiasts who already own this professional knife.
- And #9989; PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION - Utilizing our specially formulated High Carbon 7CR17MOV Stainless Steel your knife is constructed to be very resistant to corrosion and rust. The Mirror Polished, Smooth Pakka Wood handle offers superior strength and comfort while its seamless build ensures no dirt or debris collects. The Pakka Wood handle is Heat, Cold, and Moisture resistant and has a full Tang for added strength. Kessaku means Masterpiece in Japanese and that is what you will be receiving.
- And #9989; comfort and design - We design our knives to be well balanced so you won’t feel dragged down. The knife’s ergonomics helps reduce aches and fatigue in your Hands. The precision forged, razor sharp blade is hand sharpened by a 16° angle per side. Cut, mince device and chop with ease. With a Rockwell hardness of 58 you are sure to receive a strong and durable blade. A good knife is an extension of your hand and so you should choose one that makes the work feel effortless.
- ✅ PREMIUM GIFT BOX - Greeting you in a beautifully designed Gift Box with magnetic closure your knife will arrive in style. Please store your knife in the elegant box. Included you will find our Kessaku cleaning cloth to help keep your knife looking fresh and polished. Great Damascus etched pattern on blade. Makes a Great present for Birthdays, Wedding, Anniversary, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Christmas, Chefs, House Warming and so much more.
- And #9989; 100% LIFETIME . TRY IT TODAY - We offer our true Lifetime against manufacturing defects. We take all the necessary and proper precautions to ensure you're delivered a true quality masterpiece. We want to ensure you are happy so contact us with any issue or concern and we will do our best to make it right. Cuchillo de cocina para la preparation de comidas cortar dados picado picada professional.
#09 – LEVINCHY Chef’s Knife 8 inch Professional Japanese Damascus Stainless Steel
- 💥Super DAMASCUS Stainless Steel：LEVINCHY Super sharp damascus chef's knife is made of high quality 67-layer super damascus steel HRC 60±2 for wear-resistant, durable, resists rust, stain resistant and discoloration. Minimal Slicing Resistance.
- 💥Professional Chef's Knife: Super sharp edges and perfect curvature(17.7° per side) meets all the chef's requirements for the knife. The razor-sharp forged edge is easy for cutting and can hold its sharpness for a long lifetime. Stunning water ripple surface makes your cooking moment to be the most enjoyable time in life.
- 💥Multi-functional Knife: The 8-inch chef knife can handle your daily kitchen tasks easily, you can easily chop, slice, meat, fish, bread, vegetables, fruits, etc. It is perfectly an all-rounder for kitchen or restaurant and bringing excitement back to Cooking.
- 💥Ultra-premium G-10 Handle：The handle is military grade with life-long durability, triple riveted to the Forged Full Tang for Extra Strength & Durability. The ergonomic handle shape is engineered for superior control, agility and comfort. Even if you use it for a long time, you won't feel tired and uncomfortable no matter your hand size or where you grip.
- 💥THE PERFECT GIFT: The knife comes in a high-quality black gift box, making it the perfect gift for wife, husband, parents, grandparents or friends. Note: it is truly 67-layer super damascus steel.
#10 – Shun Sora Chef’s Knife, 8 Inch, Cutlery Handcrafted in Japan
- The must-have kitchen knife - handcraft in Japan
- Steel: proprietary composite blade technology; VG10 san Mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the San Mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured PP/TPE blend. Blade Edge - Non-Serrated
- Hand wash only, blade length is 8 inches. Steels are permanently joined
But first, let’s look at some basic things that you need to know about the Japanese kitchen knives before you buy one.
Why are Japanese knives the best?
The Japanese knives are made to be more delicate and each one has a specific task and application. These knives are sharper and made from hard steel so that each cut can be precise and proficient.
Best Japanese chef knives are very different from their western competitors. The Japanese knives are made to be more delicate and each one has a specific task and application.
These knives are sharper and made from hard steel so that each cut can be precise and proficient. The blades in each knife have a distinct task to perform with the utmost precision.
These knives have are more like an all in one version of the Japanese knives and crafted to be used as a multipurpose knife hence, you can chop, slice, dice, and skin with one single knife.
It is also important to consider the size of your palm when you are looking into buying a new knife because you want one that fits your hand, not something that is too big or too small for you.
Japanese knives vary in cost, anywhere from $70 up to hundreds of dollars. The high cost is because of the quality materials that they use in their blades and handles, along with the hard work they put into every Japanese knife that they make.
Sharpness of knife:
Japanese knives are designed to be very sharp because of different traditions that have been passed down through every generation.
They use the best quality materials to make their blades and handles, which allows the knives to be much sharper than the competition’s knives.
They are constantly trying to find ways to improve the products they produce for the general public, which includes making the best quality knives out of the best quality materials.
Picking out the best Japanese knives can seem like a hard task; however, if you follow the buyer’s guide above, you will find the best knives for your specific needs.
Once you can determine that, picking out one of the above knives will be a breeze. Make sure you get a good, quality knife that will last you a very long time.
And if you do not know how to sharpen a Japanese knife, you need to learn how before you buy one. Make sure you follow this review article in picking out your first Japanese knife, so you find one that is of great quality and matches what your needs are.
Related Tags: Best Japanese Knives 2021