Best Hunting Knives 2021:
Some of the hunting knives available in the market can be used for more than one purpose. Gutting, skinning, deboning, butchering, and capping are among hunting activities that have knives designed to handle them.
Instead of carrying an array of hunting knives with different uses, it is advisable for one to get one that serves most of their needs.
Best Hunting Knives 2021
#01 – Puma SGB Elk Hunter POM Commando Stag Hunting Knife
- 1.4116 Germany Cutlery Steel Blade
- Blade Length 4.2", Total Length 8.5", Knife Weight 7 oz.
- POM Commando Stag Scales (Synthetic Polyoxymethylene Material) Handles with Brass Bolster and Pins
- 55-57 Rockwell Hardness, Tested and Proofmarked
- Handsome Leather Sheath with Lanyard Strap
#02 – Havalon Bolt Knife with 12 60A Blades
- 12 additional stainless steel #60A blades, 2-3/4”
- Rugged ABS power pink handle
- Overall length 7-3/8"
- Black nylon holster
- Fits all Piranta style blades
#03 – Outdoor Edge Razor with 6 Blade
- Blade: 3. 5 (8. 9cm)
- Overall: 8 (20. 3cm)
- Vacuum heat Treatment
- Easily swap a dull blade for a fresh one No need to carry a whetstone with you
- Convenient Mossy Oak Camo sheath
#04 – Case M 3 FINN Fixed BLD SS/LTHR
- Mirror polished concave ground, clip blade, polished leather handle, genuine leather sheath
#05 – Buck USA 394BO Omni Hunter Guthook 12Pt SANDVIK Steel Fixed Blade Knife
- Measures 9 3/4" overall.
- 4 1/4" BOS Treatment 12C27Mod Sandvik steel gut hook blade in satin finish
- Black thermoplastic with dynaflex rubber overmold handle.
- Comes complete with a camo nylon sheath
- Made in USA. FOR 1 ITEM ONLY!!!
#06 – Marbles 120 Anniversary Ideal USA MR443
#07 – Elk Ridge – Outdoors 2-PC Fixed Blade Hunting Knife Set
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS: Made from quality materials. 3CR13 black stainless steel fine edge gut hook and caper blades provide an excellent balance of hardness and corrosion resistance.
- OUTDOOR EVOLVED: Where the outdoors meets the gentleman’s carry. Combines traditional and non-traditional materials to create handsome and, unique, combinations that redefine the category.
- DEPENDABLE: Provides consistent razor-sharp cutting performance and high durability. A knife you can count on for camping, hiking, backpacking, hunting & fishing, the outdoors, military & tactical needs, DIY activities, survival, self-defense, and emergencies.
- DIMENSIONS: Gut Hook Knife: 6.5-inches overall, Caper Knife: 7-inches overall.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: 2-Piece Fixed Blade Hunting Knife Set- Camo Coated Nylon Fiber Handles, Includes Combo Nylon Sheath.
#08 – Revolver 20 Fixed Blade
- Crafted from the highest quality materials
- Built for performance and durability
- Made in Taiwan
- Gut hook, large flat bevel grinds and bone and wood saw so you can dress game, cut tree stands, build shelter
- Rotating double tooth saw and straight edge 3.2-inch steel blade with a satin finish
#09 – TR-1213, CUSTOM HANDMADE D2 STEEL TRACKER KNIFE
- D2 Steel Tracker Knife.
- Stunning Micarta Handle with Mossaic Pin
- Best Quality Guaranteed. Limited Stock
- Get Yourself Bargain. Perfect Gift Idea.
- Over all length 10.00" . Handle length 5.00" Blade length 5.00"
#10 – Puma SGB Big Bear Bowie Zebra Wood Hunting Knife
Which one is better either folding or fixed blade?
Here’s the question of the century! You’ll get lots of arguments from both sides! Honestly, there is no right answer. Each one has some pros and cons and they’re pretty major. . Fixed blades are also easier to clean and have a “cool factor” when it comes to carrying a knife on your hip.
That said, folders have a whole heck of a lot of positives too. Can you say “portable”? It fits in your pocket when it is less convenient to carry on your hip. It is usually easier to access and open, not to mention quicker. And, they’re easier to use for a wider variety of campsite tasks.
For small game, such as quail and rabbits, a pocket knife with a hook will be more useful.
If you select a bigger-than-life knife, you’ll find that it isn’t as useful as you had hoped for skinning game. These may be good in setting up camp, in that you can chop wood and clear camping spaces more easily, but don’t get fooled into believing that bigger is better for big game skinning!
However, if you need a knife that big, you’ll probably use a multi-purpose tool. Whichever sized knives you select, make sure you can actually hold the knife well enough to control it. And remember, you’ll have to lug it with you on your hunting and camping trips, so it should be easy to carry.
In fact, we just purchased a Kershaw Lone rock which we really like for skinning. The kind of steel used in constructing the blade determines the quality of the knife, itself.
What makes a great hunting knife?
There are an extraordinary number of knife manufacturers out there, some marketing themselves as makers of all-purpose knives, some marketing themselves as specialists in making hunting knives. Regardless of how the brand markets itself with respect to hunting, a prospective buyer needs to assess whether the knives made by that brand suit their needs in the field.
Five factors should be considered to determine the answer to this question:
- Are the blades made of materials suited to the wear and tear of hard use while hunting?
- Is the brand making blade shapes that are appropriate for field dressing game?
- Will the handles maintain their grip after being covered in rain, blood, or viscera in any temperature?
- Are the knives easy to maintain after being used on game?
- Given the features the brand incorporates into its knives, are their knives reasonably priced?
The following brands stand out as makers of excellent hunting knives, given the five factors mentioned above:
A good hunting knife will last for many years. Hunting knives are used for dressing game, camp work, utility work, and about everything else that is needed when in the woods. For this reason, a high-quality hunting knife is needed.
Related Tags: Best Hunting Knives 2021