Best Chef Knives 2021:
If you are interested in culinary art, you know that knives play an important part in cooking. However, one knife that you cannot do without is the chef knife. It stands out simply because of its versatility and elegance.
However, the problem lies in “How do I purchase the right one for me?” There are dozens of chef knives that can be termed as perfect. In this buying guide, I’ll simplify the route for you.
Irrespective of whether or not you’re a professional chef, this guide will help you in picking out the best chef knife from the ocean of available options.
Best Chef Knives 2021
#01 – KUMA Professional Damascus Steel Knife – 8 inch Chef Knife
- ★ Simply let KUMA knife blades do the work for you: While many chefs knives appear to be strong & durable, their thin, inferior blades bend and break easily under pressure. Our 8 inch Japanese chef is made of 67 layers of premium Japanese Damascus Steel Knife for extraordinary strength and longevity. Our sturdy kitchen knife is ultra strong and chip-resistant for solid, lasting resilience. Built with premium Japanese imported steel in historical YangJiang, China by our expert bladesmiths.
- ★ Don't be fooled by low-grade chef's knives: Our corrosion resistant Damascus knife are put through a series of 8 engineering processes and are hand-finished with our V-Shape sharpening technology, for lasting sharpness right out of the box. This means you can cut through vegetables, meat and even that tender and juicy roast like butter!
- ★ Beware of kitchen knives with cheap, uncomfortable handles: Our Damascus steel knife features an ergonomically designed, ultra comfortable, lightweight, high quality handle. With an exquisite design and minimal bolster for smooth and thorough cutting using both regular or pinch grip, this chef's knife has a hand-polished soft spine for a balanced, comfortable grip even while applying firm pressure.
- ★ Great gift for the home chef & cooking enthusiast: Our beautifully handcrafted, professional-grade Damascus chef knife comes in a sleek, custom box and includes a high quality sheath and knife guard for convenient kitchen storage. This steel knife is the ultimate cooking tool for both the pro chef and home cook.
- ★ Durable kitchen tools you can depend on: At KUMA, we’re dedicated to bringing professional cutlery into your home kitchen. We understand that quality kitchen tools are a long-term investment. We stand proudly behind every product we sell. (KUMA recommends to wash all knives by hand with a soapy cloth and dry immediately after. Dishwashers may harm steel cutlery over time).
#02 – Chef Knife 8-Inch : Best Professional Quality Japanese Damascus Gyuto AUS10V Super Steel 67 Layer
- ✅ Look Sharp and Cut Sharper Without Slicing a Hole in Your Wallet: Crafted from the finest materials in the world, this masterpiece of the professional kitchen is forged with an authentic Japanese AUS-10V “Super-Steel” cutting core to ensure flexibility and maximum edge retention without dulling or chipping. 66 layers of high carbon stainless Damascus steel cladding add aesthetic beauty and prevent both rusting and corrosion.
- ✅ Geometrically Perfect and Scary Sharp: The angles of this blade represent the pinnacle of design and the accumulation of millennia of chef knife making evolution. Finished to a mirror polish of within an astounding 8-12 degree angle per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method, this blade is viciously sharp. The tapered curvilinear blade of this knife is ideal for mincing, slicing, and chopping vegetables, slicing meat, and disjointing large cuts.
- ✅ Performance, Comfort, & Beauty: Military grade ergonomic G-10 handle is immune to cold, heat, and moisture. This bolster allows easy access to sharpen the entire blade down to the blade heel. Optimal knuckle clearance gives room for use without knuckle interference. Rounded handle and tapered pinch-grip bolster encourage natural handling with perfect balance. Rosetta rivet adds a cherry on top to this magnificent culinary tool.
- ✅ Never A Dull Moment: Our Ironclad 100% Lifetime Guarantee and Free Sharpening for life means that you can buy this knife risk free and Regalia makes knives that stand the test of time and so does our commitment to you. Our no questions asked replacement or money back guarantee protects you for life from any possible defect. Our Regalia free sharpening policy allows you to send in your knife at any time for a free tune up. Try it now, 100% risk free.
#03 – DALSTRONG Chef Knife (200mm)
- Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials. Peak performance has never looked so good at this price.
- Incredibly razor sharp, full-tang, imported high-carbon German steel with a hand polished edge at 16-18 degrees per side. Precisely tempered and stain resistant.
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Luxury black G10 handle is triple-riveted with a grip that ensures comfort and maneuverability. Laminated and polished for a sanitary build, perfect for busy kitchens
- Engineered to perfection at 56+ Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Carefully tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance. Tall blade height provides useful knuckle clearance. National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certified.
- See why thousands of professional chefs and home cooks love and trust the DALSTRONG DIFFERENCE. 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free, we know you'll love it!
#04 – Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch Chef’s FFP
- For home chefs & professionals. This Fibro Pro chef's knife has been the top choice of both home chefs and professionals alike. Expertly crafted with a tapered stainless steel edge that cuts with ease and efficiency.
- Fit for all tasks. Designed to handle kitchen tasks both big and small, This durable knife's razor sharp and laser-tested blade effortlessly chops, minces, slices and dices. An essential for every kitchen.
- Easy handling. Each knife features an ergonomic handle made from thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) for a non-slip grip - even when wet. This exceptional knife is weighted and balanced for easy handling.
- Knife Dimensions. Blade made out of stainless steel material - 7. 9 inches in length. Made with dishwasher safe materials for an easy clean.
- Trusted Swiss quality. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime against defects in material and workmanship. Making a Lifetime commitment has never been so easy.
#05 – J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef’s Knife
- Made in Spain
- Fabricated from high quality German stainless steel. Handle length - 4.72 inch
- Fully forged construction offers durability and a seamless transition from blade to handle
- Professional, satin finished blade boasts Precision cutting and is finely honed for long lasting sharpness
- Ergonomic, traditional triple rivet handle gives balance and comfort
#06 – Wusthof 8944-1 CLASSIC Two Piece Prep Set, One Size, Black, Stainless Steel
- WÜSTHOF CLASSIC SERIES – 2 Piece Chef Knife Set with full tang triple riveted synthetic polypropylene handles that resist fading, discoloration, heat and impact. The WÜSTHOF Classic Series has been our best-selling series for generations
- PRECISION FORGED – WÜSTHOF's Classic Series Knives are forged from a single block of High Carbon Stainless Steel and tempered to 58-degree HRC. The Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention than previous models
- WÜSTHOF KNIFE SET – The Two Piece Chef Set includes 3 1/2" Paring Knife and 6" Cook's Knife
- DURABLE – WÜSTHOF Cutlery is crafted to resist corrosion and dulling. This German made Kitchen Knife set Comes with a limited Lifetime Warranty
- CENTURIES OF TRADITION – Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. WÜSTHOF’s cutlery carries the Solingen name, a designation reserved for products that meet the strictest quality standards
#07 – imarku Chef Knife – Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch
- High-carbon stainless steel blade-It is manufactured from high-quality stainless steel that maintains its functionality for a long time. And to boost its sturdiness, the steel contains 0.6-0.75 carbon. This makes it two times as hard as other knives in its class as they contain about 0.3% carbon
- Multi-functional knife-The gyutou knife is classified and designed to be multipurpose knife for professional applications .It cuts,dices,slices,chops and also cuts meat off bones. It comes with a HRC( Rockwell Hardness Scale) of 56-58 which makes it among the tough knives in its class
- Ergonomic pakka handle-To make it more professional and minimize any fatigue, finger numbness or aches after holding it continuously for an extended time the knife's handle is made from Pakka. This is material that originates from Africa and its known for its comfort, strength and stability
- Ultra-sharp edge-Sharpness is key to achieving the best cuts and this is evident in the knife's blade which is quite sharp and will remain this way even after tough tasks such as cutting tough meat or removing flesh from bones. The sharpness is further boosted by use of the latest German engineering
- Corrosion and stainless blade-In addition to carbon, 16-18% chrome is also included in the blade's metal composition. This gives its a glossy finish which will not tarnish even after using it for a long time, making it the perfect gift for mother's day, father's day, wedding and birthday
#08 – Shun Classic 8” Chef’s Knife
- KITCHEN WORKHORSE – The WÜSTHOF 8” Classic Chef’s Knife is essential for preparing any meal. This all-purpose cook’s knife can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing
- WÜSTHOF CLASSIC SERIES – The full Tang, Triple Riveted handles of the classic line offer the widest range of cutlery that can satisfy every home cook or professional chef. The WÜSTHOF classic series has been our best-selling series for generations
- CHEF’S KNIFE – Features an 8” long blade, 4.5” long handle and weighs 8.5 ounce Full Bolster and Finger Guard, German Made Cook’s Knife. Ergonomic handle design made from a long-lasting synthetic material to resist fading and discoloration
- PRECISION FORGED – The 8” Chef’s Knife is forged from a single block of high carbon stainless steel and tempered to 58-degree HRC. The Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention than previous models
- ENTURIES OF TRADITION – Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. WÜSTHOF’s cutlery carries the Solingen name, a designation reserved for products that meet the strictest quality standards
#10 – STEINBRÜCKE Chef Knife 8 inch,
- ▶Durable Construction:Built with Sandvik 14C28N, hardened to HRC 60-61 Hardness, which is one of the highest performance blade stainless steel for military knives application, hold the blade’s sharpness like razor for year.
- ▶Titanium coated blade, higher anti-corrosion performance. 3 times low speed edge grinding process, make it really sharp like a razor
- ▶Portable and easy to use: Reversible clip makes this convenient both for left and right handed users. Capable of everyday cutting tasks at home or at work such as cutting zip-ties, stripping small wire, slicing fruit and removing staples
- ▶Improved internal structure provides durability times than regular folding knives (hardened internal components built with high grade stainless steel and anti-slip connections)
- ▶2 Years Warranty and immediate money back guaranteed .
Chef knife construction:
A chef knife is one with a straight edge and a belly that curves towards the point. The normal length of the blade is about 8 inches which vary from 6 to 11 inches. These are:
Edge is the front part of the knife and is conventionally sharp right out of the box. This is the most important section when it comes to cutting and slicing.
The handle is the section which you’re often going to grip by your hands to use the knife. Some are straight, while others have a wave-like structure. There are multiple variations to it in terms of design and it is generally a personal preference.
This is like an extension to the edge and can be found at the bottom of the knife.
A sharp knife not only ensures easy workflow but also safety (opposite to normal convention). Cutting something with a dull blade is more likely to get you injured in one way or another. Besides checking how sharp the knife is, also check how often it’ll require tuning. This often depends on the blade material.
While not as important as the criteria mentioned above, weight does play a role in the decision-making process. It depends on your level of comfort and preference. If your cutting regime includes meat and dense products, then a heavy knife is recommended. If it lies on the softer side like bread, cheese, or veggies, then a lighter one is the best option.
Types of chef knives:
This is considered to be a superior class of chef knives. This process is known as forging and the resulting product provides better resistant to bending.
It is two step process knives. First, the blade is prepared from a piece of steel inside a machine that utilizes a hydraulic press mechanism.
While not as good as their forged counterparts, stamped knives usually cost less and are a preferred option if you’re going to use the knives once in a while.
The balance should be equally distributed between the two sides of the knife. Ideally, the center of mass should be around the bolster section, so you’ll find it comfortable while chopping or dicing. This is, for the most part, directly proportional to weight.
Lastly, take into account your budget and shop according to the price range. Cost varies from $20 to over $200. Shopping in the $200 price range with a budget of $50 will be a waste of time.
Related Tags: Best Chef Knives 2021